From The Northwest Corner


Monday, February 7, 2011

Blog VI: Jack Vauxcelles Update

Alas, poor Yorick, I haven’t updated this very much lately. So it’s time for just a bit more self-aggrandizement.
I’m a horrible Facebook addict. I probably spend four hours a day at least on it, chatting with my friends. Curse you, Mark Zuckerberg.  Between writing about the current drama unfolding in the Region 1 Board of Education, the battles with wind farms in nearby Colebrook, and the obscene amount of snow we’ve had lately (and more to come), Facebook has become a beacon of sanity in insane times. In fact, those little red numbers that indicate a photo or status comment brighten my long days at the office beyond the power of words to tell.
A couple of weeks ago, I received notification that I was tagged in a photo. Was it me at a party in an embarrassing situation that I don’t remember? Surprisingly enough, no!
 Remember my friend Chris Johnson, a.k.a. Jack Vauxcelles (link to prior blog posted here) at the Mountain View Inn? Turns out he upgraded his portrait of me from “beautiful” status to “iconic.” Check out the change:




This is beyond glorious and I’m going to try and find a spot in our company office to hang it. If I had time, money and resources, I’d get it laminated so I could kiss myself every morning.
Until next time!
--Max
For the record: I don’t smoke anymore, but I do in fact own a human skull. Really. Bought it on eBay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: New Milford, Connecticut, United States

Hello, my name is Max Wittstein. I'm a recent (2009) graduate of Western Connecticut State University, working full time at the Litchfield County Times in New Milford, Connecticut. My beat is the Northwest Corner of Litchfield County, including the towns of Sharon, Cornwall, Goshen, Salisbury, North Canaan, Falls Village, and Norfolk.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]